We’re back darling dark-lovers!
Lose yourself to dance every single Tuesday starting from 4 February 2014!
Although Kevin Bacon has enjoyed some festive respite from his very demanding role as our spiritual advisor, his well-proportioned nose is back to the bump’n’grind stone as we gear up for the REAL silly season!
If 2014 is the first time you're trying no lights, here are some things you might like to know:
- Bring a water bottle - it gets effing sweaty
- There's no need to wait until a night when your friends are free; lots of people enjoy going solo at NLNL (it's difficult/discouraged to talk anyway and it's really quite cathartic having a solitary boogie)
- It's five bucks - because we have to pay for insurance, venue hire, music licensing, tunes (no illegal downloads here!)
- You can request a song by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
2014 is shaping up to be a banger and, in addition to our weekly boogiethons, we have a dazzling array of special events coming your way, including but not limited to THE FOLLOWING BULLET POINTS:
- TUESDAY FEB 25: SISTAS ARE SHAKIN' IT FOR THEMSELVES! As always, the last Tuesday of the month is brought to you by the NLNL theme team. This month, we’re coming out of the kitchen, cos there’s something we forgot to say to you: and the thing we forgot to say to you is that NLNL regular Caitlin is putting together a playlist full of kick-ass songs by artists of the female persuasion.
- KID'S EVENT (date to be announced following the program launch of the YAH Festival): After the raucous and adorable success of last year’s Little No Lights, NLNL is teaming up with the You Are Here Festival to bring your little person along to an event full of boogeying to songs without swear words. Stay tuned here (our blog) and here: www.youareherecanberra.com
- SOME OTHER THINGS WE'RE NOT ALLOWED TO ANNOUNCE JUST YET BUT WILL LET YOU KNOW TOWARDS THE END OF FEB.
See you tomorrow loved ones - and every other Tuesday - for a dance in the dark. MWA!